Just a Reminder. God Is There

I am very sorry for not posting last week, my life got a tad hectic and crazy, and posting was very difficult.

But my life has calmed down a bit and we should be back to our regularly scheduled program…

We are going through very challenging times, both in the world and in our own personal lives. We sometimes go through times that are very trying and unbearable. In those trying moments, we tend to lose sight or forget who and what God is. We need a reminder, once in a while, of who is on our side, and what He is to us. To me. To you.

God Is Loving

Probably the number one verse on God’s love is John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God loved us so much, that He sent His only son to die for us because we were and are sinners. What an amazing, underserving, love. And it never can be taken away from us.

In life, we can do some really dumb things, but no matter what we do, nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 8:38-39 says

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,

39 Nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Is that not a comfort and an excellent reminder of God’s love? God loves us so much, and nothing can separate us from that amazing love.

God Is Merciful

There are two things we need every day, mercy is one, and grace is the other, which I’ll cover next.

Part of the definition of mercy is ‘compassion or forgiveness to the suffering or to the distressed’

Sounds like something we need every day?

1 Chronicles 16:34 says

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

God’s mercy never runs out, He is quick to show it, and it is new every morning

Lamentations 3:22-23 says

22 Through the Lord ’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.

We see in these verses the definition of mercy, “His compassions fail not” God’s mercy and compassion are new every day, they don’t fail, and through it, we don’t have to be consumed with distress or suffering.

Because His compassion, His mercy, fail not

God Is Gracious

Often, we don’t feel like we deserve grace, but, just like mercy, it too is in abundance with God.

Psalm 86:15 says

But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.

I think this summarizes both mercy and grace perfectly. In life, we can get short-tempered, frustrated, irritated, fed-up, and simply irked with anything and everything.

That never happens with God as this verse states very clearly.

God is All-Powerful

In my Sunday school class yesterday, we talked about how powerful God’s voice is. How He spoke the world into existence.

Psalm 147:5 says

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.

I don’t think we will ever be able to fully understand the compacity of God’s power, we can see it in storms and the weather, we can see it in the things He created, in the stars and planets, and even us.

Jeremiah 32:17 says

Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.

Not only is God all-powerful, but nothing is too hard for Him. As frail humans we have limitations. God does not, He can do anything. He is all-powerful.

God is My Provider

Too often we worry about things; from money to jobs, to groceries, to decisions, we worry about it.

I talked about worry in my post last week We are Victorious.

God will always take care of us and provide for us.

Philippians 4:19 says

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

God will provide. It does not say may or might it says He will provide. So, we need not worry. God is our provider. And you know what? He always does. I can remember a time when a half a gallon of milk lasted us all week before we could go shopping again. He provided a way for it to last until we could get more.

Matthew 6:31-32,34 says

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

It is very simple, yet very difficult, Jesus says don’t worry, I will provide. All we have to do is trust.

God Is Caring

We go through times that feel like no one cares. We feel that we have to carry our burdens and trails alone. That could not be further than the truth.

When we feel no one cares, God always cares and is always there.

Psalm 55:22 says

Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

The keyword here (similar to Philippians 4:19) is ‘shall’. It does not say might, or maybe, or sometimes.

Shall, always.

He shall sustain you when we cast our burdens on God.

Isaiah 43:2 says

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

We all “pass through waters” meaning the rivers of hardship and uncertainty. But God promises, “I will be with you”

Every difficult time and hardship, God has been there. Because He cares. He cares about every little detail of our lives. When we feel like no one is there, God is always there, He cares.

God Is My Leader

Each person in the world has a life as complex as our own. Everyone has decisions that have to be made.

Some are simple and easy, while others are difficult and sometimes confusing. And it can be frustrating not knowing what path or choice to make.

And the reason we get frustrated is because we feel we have to decide what to do. But God has already planned our lives, every decision has already been made,

We just have to ask for help

Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

God will show us the right path, He will instruct and teach, all we have to do is ask

Psalm 25:4-5

4 Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.

5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.

God Is My Defender

When we go through trials and difficult times, the one thing we want is a defender. Someone to have on our side, who we can trust and depend on. God is that One.

Psalm 18:1-3 says

1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

These are some of my favorite verses. It tells perfectly of who is one our side, and who God is to us.

God is our defense, the One who we can count on for all things. The One who will protect, provide, defend, and care.

A good reminder isn’t it?